The Samsung Epic 4G Touch is the most amazing smart phone yet. The firmware leaks for the Samsung Smart Phones is not a new thing. Now Samsung Epic 4G Touch has got leaked Android 4.0 ICS Firmware. In this tutorial I am going to show you that how you can install FB21 manually on Epic 4G Touch.
Before we go with the tutorial please complete the following requirements so that we can’t get interuppt during the process.
1. The first requirement is to take the back up of the data so that if the rooting process goes wrong, we do not have loss of the useful data.
2. Make sure that you are with with your PC and you are having internet connection as well as this tutorial requires you to download some necessary files.
3. You must have all the necessary drivers. Download it from here.
4. If you have Samsung Kies installed on your system, then you need to uninstall it first as it can interrupt the process.
5. Make sure that the device battery is 60 percent available so that power may not be any problem during the process.
How to Install FB21 on Epic 4G Touch
1. The First Step is to download FB21 Firmware. You can download it from here. [Size: 316 MB]
2. Now install the package on your desired location.
3. Download the Odin 1.85 from here. After downloading the Odin pack, just simply extract all the files on any desired location.
4. Now this is the time to enter your smart phone into the download mode. First make sure that the device is not connected with PC. In case, it is connected, disconnect it and then switch off the mobile.
5.Now restart the phone in the Download Mode. This can be done by pressing the Volume+power button. The device will show a warning screen. Press the volume up button to move up on the options and select the Download Mode option from there.
4. Move to the location on which, you extracted Odin 1.85 . Select the Odin3 v1.85.exe file from there.
5. Now connect your smart phone to the PC. On successful attachment, you will get a confirmation message “Added” on the bottom left of the Odin 1.85 Window.
6. In the Odin, click the PDA tab and select the file D710_CODE_SPHD710.FB21_CL159837_REV02_user_w_Sbl_EG31.tar
7. to start flashing the firmware, select the Start button. Now the the firmware’s flashing will start. When the flashing process is finished, then the smart phone will automatically restart. You will get a Pass sign on the top of the Odin Window.
8. After this when you will restart the phone, it will be running Android ICS with version 4.0.3 build being FB21. Check the version by going to Settings and About option on your Samsung Epic 4G.
Note: Sometimes it may happen that the Odin will not show “Added” message in the step 5. In that case you need to install all the required drivers. (Check pre- Requirements for the link).
If in the step no. 7, you get a Fail sign after flashing the firmware, then you need to disconnect the phone. So to take over this, disconnect the mobile from the PC, switch off it, remove the battery and then re-insert the battery and then restart it in the Download Mode again.
Congratulations, you have successfully installed FB21 Firmware on your Samsung Epic 4G Touch. Well, the procedure is very simple, you just need to take care of the pre- requirements and warnings, otherwise the process may not result as success.
Hope you are able to install the FB21 firmware on your Samsung Epic 4G Touch, by following this tutorial. If you met any problem, then please let us know by dropping your comments in the comment box below.