Google Analytics (GA) is one of the best services offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website’s traffic and traffic sources and measures communication or we can say conversations and sales. This service is considered as best and widely used website statistics service till now.
The beneficial aspect of this, service is free of charge and a premium version is available for a fee, if you want to acquire. We can call it a tracker who keeps track of all visitors from all referrers, including search engines and mostly used social networks, direct visits and referring sites as well. It also displays advertising, pay-per-click networks, e-mail marketing and digital security such as links within the PDF documents that issues are under major concern.
Every website is like envelop of a business that requires to get promoted so as to expand wide spread about that particular business. Google Analytic is one of the beneficial as well as free web tools that are very convenient to use.
If you set up goals in Google Analytics then it is the best way to measure the success rate of your website. It can better tell you about the performance and degradations points are better cleared with the help of this tool.
We could understand in comprehensive way having example of E-commerce site. We all know that the aim of ecommerce sites is to sell better goods to their all visitors. Therefore, a completed goal would be a successful sale on their business website.
Goals feature in Google Analytics defines what your site goals are:
• The first thing is what do you want to measure?
• What are the necessary factors that help to determine the success of your website?
• How you following sales?
• Do you want to generate inquiries from forthcoming clients that want to hire you?
• Or it may be you simply want visitors to click around and spend more time on your site reading articles only whether it’s useful or not?
• After knowing your goals, once you have decided your goals, you just need to work out how they will be measured. If we again take example of E-commerce site then it might set up their “order confirmation” page as their goal, because this page usually followed right after the finished sale. If you’re after client inquiries, then how about the page that is shown to users when they successfully send a message with your web form is highly important?
Google analytic requires wise tricks. You must have account with latest version as knowing its importance for the website. Some of the steps are as follow:
• Set up the Goals
• Connect your Google Webmaster Tools account
• Enable the speed of site
• Enable the search of site
• Start tracking Events
• Real time reporting
• Multi-Channel Funnels
• Use Campaign Tracking
• Plot Rows
• Custom Dashboards
• Flow Visualization
Google analytic is a wonderful and free web tool; Get its intangible benefits for today.
Author Bio: This post contributed by Mridula who is a tech blogger. You can check out some latest tech news at her blog along with practical blogging tips that she shares as per her experience as a blogger. Click Here to visit her blog.