A great web design plays a very vital role in the success of any online business. As we all know, appealing web designs generally bring a massive internet traffic to websites. However, it is necessary that the website is equally well optimized for search engines as well. So, if your web design is attractive, but not optimized well, people will have difficulties finding your website. Thus, you will not have your anticipated internet traffic on your website.
Therefore, most of the SEO experts and web designers now believe that it is absolutely critical for the web designers to possess extensive knowledge of SEO. So, lets have a look at a few of the most crucial benefits of having SEO knowledge for web designers:
- Web site owners usually spend most of their time and money on designing attractive web designs. However, they do not realize that the design will only matter, if there are visitors to visit your website.
On the other hand, when you design your website keeping SEO in mind, you will know that the content of your website matters the most to the search engines rather than your fancy graphics. Thus, if a designer understands the role of keywords and relevant content of a website, he will be able to design a website that is search engine friendly and bring massive internet traffic.
- When a web designer has the knowledge of SEO, he will be able to index the pages of your website in a far more effective manner. Most search engines explore the different pages in a website to rank it on the basis of keywords and content of the web site. So, if your website is designed well with proper index of pages, you will have better chances to rank high in the search results.
- If a web designer does not have knowledge of SEO, he may embed your important keywords and content in flash or image mode. This may look good and fancy to the eyes, but it is not a good practice for SEO purpose. Almost all the search engines rank websites on the basis of text content and the value of that content. However, if all of your important and relevant keywords are in graphics mode, the search engine will fail to find the relevant data and may not rank you higher in the search results.
- A web designer with SEO knowledge will also understand the importance of using unique keywords in the tags of different pages of your website. However, if he has this knowledge, he will use unique title tags on all the pages to make it search engine friendly.
- Finally, if a web designer has the knowledge of SEO, he may save you hundreds of dollars to get professional SEO services from professionals. Also, SEO optimized web designs need little optimization. Thus, you may be able to do it on your own.
To conclude it all, it is safe to say that it may not be mandatory for web designers to possess knowledge of SEO. However, such knowledge can surely give an edge to a designer over other ordinary designers in this industry.
My name is Paul Hopkins and I have been working as a professional SEO web designer at seopeace for more than 15 years. In all these years, I have come to this conclusion that SEO knowledge is a must for any web designer to outperform the competitors.